Boxing News: Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa

2023/05/19

On 13 May 2022, Saturday, the Okada Manila Hotel and Casino in Paranaque City, Philippines will host an exciting match between Fillipus Nghitumbwa and former world champion John Riel Casimero.

Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa Upcoming Fight

For Nghitumbwa, a relatively unknown junior featherweight fighter, this is a chance to make his mark on the world stage. Despite his eagerness to fight at this level, he has had to wait patiently for this Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa match opportunity. Meanwhile, Casimero enters the ring with confidence after his knockout victory over Ryo Akaho in December of last year. He likely sees himself as the favorite against Nghitumbwa.

Boxing News: Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa

Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa Match Preview

A high-voltage clash between Fillipus Nghitumbwa and Johnriel Casimero is on the cards. Let us discuss the major details regarding the location, time, date, and schedule of this highly anticipated clash between two champion boxers.

The upcoming boxing match Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa is generating a lot of buzzes and for good reason. The event is set to take place at the luxurious Okada Manila Hotel and Casino in Paranaque City, Philippines, which is sure to provide a stunning backdrop for this thrilling bout.

Fans from all over the world are eagerly anticipating this fight, with many tuning in via FITE TV - a popular platform for combat sports events - to catch every moment of the action as these skilled fighters go toe-to-toe in the ring.

It's worth noting that while the date and start time of the Casimero vs. Nghitumbwa fight may be subject to change due to factors such as undercard fights affecting scheduling, it's currently scheduled for Saturday, May 13th.

Technical Assessment on Nghitumbwa Skills and Records

There is very short coverage of Nghitumbwa’s boxing career. So, you won’t find many details about the fighting skills of the Namibian Boxer. Furthermore, the strengths and weaknesses of his game are also not known so much. This is basically a positive point for Nghitumbwa because it would have been difficult for Casimero to prepare against his opponent without knowing about the skills, stance, reach, positive attributes, and weak zones.

However, their boxing record of Nghitumbwa hints at him being a champion boxer. His record is quite impressive winning 11 games out of 12 via knockout. This shows the dominance and fight a range of this boxer. Therefore, fans are looking forward to Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa clash with great interest.

Boxing News: Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa

Assessment of Casimero Skills & Records

Casimero is a fighter known for his explosive style and powerful punches, which have earned him a high knockout percentage and the reputation of always seeking to finish fights early. In addition, he is also highly skilled at counter-punching and is notoriously difficult to hit.

However, despite these strengths, Casimero does have some weaknesses that can be exploited by his opponents. One such weakness is his tendency to get reckless in the ring; at times he can become too aggressive and leave himself open to counter-punches. Additionally, he has been known to get involved in brawls which can lead him to take unnecessary risks.

Casimero’s Previous Record

Casimero's professional record stands at 32-4 with 22 KOs. After losing his IBF flyweight title to Moruti Mthalane via TKO in the fifth round, Casimero bounced back by winning world titles at both 108 and 112 pounds. He has secured victories over Pedro Guevara (via split decision), Amnat Ruenroeng (via KO in the fourth round), and Charlie Edwards (via TKO in the tenth round). Although he moved up a weight class to junior bantamweight, he lost a unanimous decision against fellow Filipino Jonas Sultan.

After taking some time for reflection, Casimero moved up again - this time to bantamweight - where he was considered an underdog against Zolani Tete. However, Casimero managed an impressive victory by stopping Tete via TKO in just three rounds; this win earned him the WBO 118-pound title. He successfully defended this title twice - including a hard-fought split-decision victory over Guillermo Rigondeaux.

Boxing News: Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa

Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa Tale of the Tape

Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwal
34 Age 27
5 Feet 4 Inches (164cm) Height 5 Feet 5 Inches (166cm)
54 Kg (119 lbs) Weight 54.34 Kg (122 lbs)
Orthodox Stance Orthodox
64 Inches (162 cm) Reach N/A
32-4-0 Boxing Record 12-1-0
22 Knockouts 11
With Rayo Akaho
On December 03, 2022
At Paradise City Plaza, Incheon, South Korea
Win By Knockout
Last Fight With Sabelo Ngebinyana
On October 29, 2022
At Ramatex Hall, Windhoek, Namibia
Win By Technical Knockout

What Fillipus Nghitumbwa has to say about the Match:

“I believe this fight has come at the right time as I was preparing for a fight on March 15 in Australia versus Luke Boyd but this fight was postponed,” Nghitumbwa further told

“I am very excited to fight a three-division former world champion as it gives me the opportunity to show the world my natural talent and to display my boxing skills. I respect his record and pedigree but I will come with my own.”

For Nghitumbwa, who has fought outside Namibia as an amateur and also professionally in Zimbabwe (though that fight wasn't recorded on Boxrec), this represents a significant opportunity to make his mark on the sport.

Boxing News: Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa

As he explains:

“This is a great opportunity for my career as a win will open up great doors. Every sportsman’s dream is to become a world champion and that is my dream as well.”

With his power-punching style and determination to succeed, there's no doubt that Nghitumbwa will leave everything he has in the ring.

He adds: “After May 13th, the world and boxing fraternity will take note of this African warrior. This fight will end in a great stoppage and I will be smiling for greatness.”

It's clear that he's focused on achieving victory at any cost - something that fans are sure to appreciate when they tune into this exciting event.

Johnriel Casimero Verdict on the Match

Johnriel Casimero also has some words on this match. However, he did not seem to be more aggressive and more talkative about this fight. Casimero said,

“It’s good to be back fighting in the Philippines.” He further told, “I am very excited to fight in front of Filipino fight fans once again.”

Prediction about Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa Fight

Boxing News: Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa

Boxing fans from all around the world have already started predicting the outcome of this Johnriel Casimero vs Fillipus Nghitumbwa match.

Most of the fans thought that Nghitumnbwa is an easy opponent to Casimero. Because Johnriel Casimero will enter the ring with more confidence and a greater skillset. While on the other Nghitumbwa is no doubt an excellent boxer but lacks experience in fights.

However, his statements regarding the match suggest that Nghitumbwa is no short of confidence and skills.

So, overall according to different sources and predictions, there is a 68% chance of Casimero's victory. But 32% pole results show that Fillipus Nghitumbwa can upset the Filipino boxer Johnriel Casimero.

The previous sign up free ₱100 + registration bonus ₱88 casino activity has ended, but in order to continue to take care of the majority of EsballPH Halowin loyal players.

Now! EsballPH Halowin are once again launching the New Member Register Free 200 Sign Up Bonus and Sharing FB monthly FREE ₱38 Casino Promotion. 

You can also click to enter the Online Casino Bonus & Promo introduction, which provides more diverse casino bonuses.

close